16 March 2013

Homemade Deodorant Part 2

I blogged two days ago about my trouble with homemade deodorants and my last batch was another failure for me. I can't decide if it's the baking soda that causes irritation on my underarms or the essential oils. If you are not sensitive to either it may work fantastic for you! So please do try it!.

Today i started afresh and decided to try another recipe this time my own. I wanted to remove the baking soda completely, but got scared so i kept a small amount in. This makes a good sample size that fills 1/4 of  an old lush tub....Just enough to see if it works without using too much product.

1 Tablespoon Shea Butter
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Butter
1/2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (virgin)
2 Tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
1 Drop Clary Sage Oil

I store it in an empty Lush pot :)

UPDATE 8/4/13: just to show you all that i actually use this. I'm nearing the bottom of the tub with no irritations or rashes and it actually works at keeping me dry more than anything else I've ever used! I might change the scent for the summer but I'm actually scared to because this is working so good! As you can see it's a little crumbly, but that goes away as soon as you apply... it melts right onto skin!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...